Oh' boy it feels good to have another day behind us and it was a good day. It was uneventful for Me as far as anything medical (YAY!) They did a couple of things with our baby boy yesterday, one thing they did was start a PICC line (basically, an IV that starts in his arm and goes close to his heart) which will help with a lot of thing but mainly the won't need to poke him every time they need to test for a lab... ect. The other thing is they started a feeding tube so he has a tiny tube that goes up his nose and down his throat to his tummy. This way they can feed him just a little bit at a time and he's doesn't have to burn any calories trying to figure out how to eat. He started out eating just 3ml and is already up to 5ml. The nurses in the NICU call him a Rockstar, they all say he's doing exceptional. He has been off all his Oxygen for 2 days now so that is a major mile stone for him as well.
Also, he got Quincy's share of hair. He has a cute little full head of fuzzy blondee hair. We love him so much and We want to Thank everyone that has checked on us, done stuff for us, and just wished us well. It's clear we have the best Family and Friends in the world.
Our Quincy girl has came here a couple times to see Mom but has yet been able to see baby brother. We are hoping today we will be able to show her through the window whats been taking her parents away all this time.
Thank You for taking the time to read our little blog, I will continue to update our status every day.
3 comments:
He is so cute! I love him already. I am so thankful that you are okay too. Thanks for this blog, now I won't have to call you every hour to find out how everything is going. ;)
That was actualy from Suzanne. lol
Congrats on your sweet baby boy! I'm so glad he's doing so well. Please let me know if I can do anything to help.
Post a Comment